Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Corporation (LWCC) is a private, nonprofit mutual insurance company that is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in the state. We revitalized a workers’ comp system on the verge of collapse and have continued to provide much-needed stability in Louisiana. LWCC carries an “A” (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
Since 1992, LWCC has focused on the unique needs of Louisiana businesses and offers policyholders a full range of services under one roof. While other carriers will come and go as market conditions fluctuate, LWCC will always be here to meet the needs of Louisiana businesses and its hard-working employees.
- To guarantee the solvency of the corporation while providing the highest standard of customer service.
- To provide workers’ compensation insurance to Louisiana employers at the lowest feasible cost.
- To provide the injured worker with rapid, efficient, and complete compensation for injuries and to provide the best opportunity for a rapid return to work.
- To manage risk and to educate agents, insureds, and employees on the value of a safe workplace.
- To promote quality and efficiency throughout the organization.
As a workers’ comp carrier that serves the needs of Louisiana employers, we understand the state’s unique cultural heritage, economic climate, industrial composition and diverse people. As a single-state, single-line workers’ comp insurance carrier, our focus is on you, the employers and workers of Louisiana. We always aim to provide an unparalleled customer experience. It is our mission and our passion.
Below are just a few of the services and value-added benefits that employers receive when they choose LWCC as their workers’ comp carrier.
Strength and Stability
- LWCC is the largest workers’ comp insurance carrier in Louisiana.
- The company maintains an “A” (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating by A.M. Best Company, the largest and longest-established company devoted to issuing financial strength ratings of insurance carriers.
- LWCC has lowered its overall rates by 55.9 percent since inception in 1992.
- We are governed by a diverse board of directors that represents various segments of the business and industry, as well as citizens at large.
- We are focused on the unique needs of Louisiana businesses. LWCC has paid more than $394 million in dividends to policyholders over the past 12 years.
- In 2015, LWCC was named by Ward Group to the Ward’s 50® group of top-performing property-casualty insurance companies for achieving outstanding financial results in the areas of safety, consistency and performance over a five-year period between 2010 and 2014.
- We provide a stable market for all types of Louisiana businesses.
- LWCC offers competitive pricing for new business and renewals and is committed to exceptional customer service.
- Our underwriters specialize in all risk types and are among the most knowledgeable workers’ comp insurance professionals in Louisiana.
- LWCC’s Special Risk Team concentrates on unique or unusual risks that require specialized underwriting handling.
- Loss-sensitive programs are available for larger accounts.
- Multi-state coverage is available to Louisiana policyholders with temporary or permanent operations out-of-state, if no more than 30 percent of the total premium covers exposures under other states’ laws.
Loss Prevention Services
- LWCC has the largest and most experienced team of safety experts in Louisiana.
- We offer free webinars, online safety training, a DVD library, a defensive driving simulator and other safety resources.
- LWCC’s loss prevention consultants are specialized industry experts.
- Our Mobile Safety Training Center provides job-site training for eligible insureds.
- Our loss prevention department annually awards its “Safest 70” policyholders with special recognition for maintaining consistent workplace safety histories.
- LWCC is committed to providing the best care possible for injured workers.
- Online claims reporting is available on LWCC Interactive 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- OMNET®, our proprietary medical network, helps contain claims costs.
- Investigative claims reps contact policyholders within three business hours once a claim is reported to LWCC, and they contact injured workers within 24 hours, with onsite investigations done on most lost-time claims.
- Specialized claims representatives handle return-to-work aspects of each claim.
- Our recovery unit works to recover funds through third-party liability and the Second Injury Fund, helping control claims expenses.
- Experienced in-house medical bill reviewers use state-of-the-art bill pay software.
- Our in-house medical services team includes a physician and registered nurses who proactively monitor physician, pharmacy, and durable medical equipment requests.
- In-house catastrophic claims specialists utilize an approach that combines compassion and clinical expertise.
OMNET® Provider Network
- OMNET® is LWCC’s statewide occupational medicine network, the first of its kind in Louisiana.
- The network is comprised of more than 2,000 doctors, hospitals, home-health providers, physical therapists, and other occupational medicine providers.
- These specialists are committed to quickly returning injured employees to work as safely as possible.
- OMNET® assures that injured workers have prompt access to skilled providers who deliver quality medical care, which often reduces the number of missed workdays.
In-house Legal and Fraud Units
In-house attorneys specialize in handling state workers’ compensation defense, longshore defense, and employer’s liability defense.
- Our attorneys are dedicated to pursuing subrogation recovery for LWCC and its policyholders, averaging over $3 million in recovery per year over the last 5 years.
- Our legal team has an in-house attorney dedicated to Second Injury Fund claims litigation, which has resulted in significant claims expense reduction.
- LWCC’s special investigations unit aggressively fights fraud, which has saved policyholders millions of dollars since its inception.
Comprehensive Online Services
Agents can quote new business as well as process renewals and endorsements in one online location—CompZone.
- Agents can upload quote data directly from agency management systems into CompZone.
- Policy documents are delivered electronically to agents, saving time and conserving resources.
- Agents and policyholders have access to their account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via LWCC Interactive.
- LWCC Interactive offers agents a dashboard feature that is updated daily and provides a snapshot of the agency’s book of business with important details and notices about their policies.
- Policyholders can conduct payroll reporting online.
- Convenient payment options are available either online or by phone.
- Policyholders can pay an invoice or even an initial premium installment by credit card through LWCC Interactive.
- A wealth of free informational resources is available from our website, www.lwcc.com, and LWCC Interactive.
- Agency relations representatives provide onsite training and service to agencies on an ongoing basis.
LWCC’s premium auditors have specialized, in-depth knowledge of the workers’ comp industry, coverage and rules.
- Highly skilled professional field auditors each possess an average of 15 years’ experience.
- In-house audit specialists are available for consultation upon request.
- Test audits are conducted for new accounts to help policyholders accurately report and classify their exposure.
- Our network of auditors can perform audits in locations anywhere throughout Louisiana or in other states.