Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Corporation (LWCC) is a private, nonprofit mutual insurance company that is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in the state. We are Louisiana Loyal, always. We revitalized a workers’ comp system on the verge of collapse and have continued to provide much-needed stability in Louisiana. LWCC carries an “A” (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
Since 1992, LWCC has focused on the unique needs of Louisiana businesses and offers policyholders a full range of services under one roof. While other carriers will come and go as market conditions fluctuate, LWCC will always be here to meet the needs of Louisiana businesses and its hard-working employees. Our mission is to better Louisiana one business and one worker at a time.
Helping Louisiana thrive.
Be a catalyst elevating Louisiana’s position in America.
Bettering Louisiana one business and worker at a time.
Our focus has been and will always be excellence in execution, from underwriting to life-long care of an injured worker. The results inspire our partners and policyholders to trust us and be proud to work with us. They know that we will be there. Always.
Our agents are our first partners in meeting the demands of our ambitious mission. Together we will collaborate to serve our policyholders and better our state. Louisiana could be home to the safest, happiest, and healthiest workforce in America.
Strength and Stability
- LWCC is the largest workers’ comp insurance carrier in Louisiana.
- The company maintains an “A” (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating by A.M. Best Company, the largest and longest-established company devoted to issuing financial strength ratings of insurance carriers.
- LWCC has lowered its overall rates by 59.4% since inception in 1992.
- We are governed by a diverse board of directors that represents various segments of the business and industry, as well as citizens at large.
- We are focused on the unique needs of Louisiana businesses. LWCC has paid $848 million in dividends to policyholders over the past 16 years.
- In 2019, LWCC was named by Ward Group to the Ward’s 50® group of top-performing property-casualty insurance companies for achieving outstanding financial results in the areas of safety, consistency and performance over a five-year period between 2014 and 2018. This marks the thirteenth time the company has been named to this prestigious list of companies.